Seiten

12/21/2014

Feathers

Two of my in between projects, in between Christmas presents and dressmaking that is. One of my big planned projects for next year is a King Size Quilt with the feather design by Anna Maria Horner. You can download the free pattern here.

I made this small single feather and a table runner mainly to try out the pattern, and because I got really tired of my old table runner in orange and brown. What was I thinking? Orange and brown???

Anyway, since I have all  my pillows in the living room from Amy Butler fabrics I used leftover fabrics to make these so it fits with the rest. When I first started sewing I was quite smitten by Amy Butler designs. Not anymore I have to say. One reason for that is probably that I am not a big fan of green and yellow. My taste shifted more towards Anna Maria Horner, Lizzy House, Heather Ross - just to name a few.

The King Size Quilt will be made from different Anna Maria Horner designs. Creating the feathers is way easier then it might look. Here is a tutorial on how to create the feathers out of fat quarters.



The table runner turned out covering most of my coffee table. Sometimes I thing it looks odd. I copied the feather template to 75% of its original size and that would probably make a better size table runner for this size coffee table. But for now I won't bother with that. I am working on four place mats with the smaller sized feathers and it looks promising.


Keine Kommentare: