Seiten

8/19/2014

New Patterns, new projects and a Moneta dress

When Colette Patterns announced their sale on some older patterns I immediately ordered two. The Parfait and the Ceylon dress. Two patterns for the price of one, woohoo!



I just finished my first Moneta dress.






Pattern Description:
Made with knit fabric, this dress can be created in a matter of hours. All three styles of Moneta dresses have a gently curved, wide neckline, a fitted bodice, and a shirred skirt with in-seam pockets. Version 1 is a sleeveless dress with a lined bodice and narrow round collar that laps at the center back. Version 2 has an unlined bodice and short sleeves, while version 3 has an unlined bodice and 3/4-length sleeves. (from their website)

Pattern Sizing:
XS - 3XL
According to my measurements I am a size XS. The fit is snug. Would make a size S instead.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy instructions and a sew-along on their website.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It is a very easy knit dress, great for sewing with knits for the first time. I like the different neckline options.

I don't like the gathered skirt. It just doesn't look good on me. This is only a matter of taste and preference in style!

Fabric Used:
I believe it is a lightweight Cotton Lycra Knit. I got it at the sale section at Denver Fabrics.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
My measurements put me in a size XS, but I ended up sewing the bodice side seams with a 1/4 SA instead of 1/3.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will not sew it again for myself, since I don't like the gathered skirt on me. Regardless of that I do recommend it, especially for people who just start to sew with knits.

Conclusion: 
Sadly this dress didn't work for me with the skirt. I will use the bodice though and alter it with another kind of skirt and/or as a shirt. 


 After my disappointment with the Moneta Dress I am off to new projects! 

Colette Licorice Dress with Sea Horses
Lady Skater Dress with Doodles
Shorts in Linen and Chambray



And here for some good music!


Keine Kommentare: